“For everything there is a season, and time for every matter under heaven.”—Ecclesiastes 3:1
With the birth of precious Santiago Job Reategui last week, Parish/Cornerstone lost our dear administrative assistant, Joanna Reategui. Needless to say, we are rejoicing at the presence of Santiago, and fawning over the pictures on facebook, but we are simultaneously missing Joanna around the office. What a tremendous gift she is, and what a marvelous job she has done running “command central” at the church for the last four years. Joanna, it will not be the same without you, and we are so grateful to the Lord for your faithful witness of Christ and diligent service to His church. We extend to you and Nolan the deepest blessings as you begin this new season of life.
As sad as we are at Joanna’s leaving, we could not be happier to announce that Brianna Bleymaier will be stepping into the administrative assistant position for the next two months. Brianna is no stranger to the Parish/Cornerstone family. She is a native of Franklin and a graduate of Franklin Classical School, and she just recently graduated college from Gardner-Webb University where she studied theatre. Brianna was a tremendous help to us last summer when Joanna was on a short-term mission to Peru, and so when we heard she was available again this summer, we moved quickly to secure her for the position. Welcome, Brianna, we are so glad to have you in our midst and serving over the summer.
On a different front, we have a good group of members who are serving in foreign countries over the summer. We want you to know who they are, so you can pray for them while they are away and follow up with them when they return.
- Chuck and Carol Emerson – Serving in Kenya on a medical missions trip from May 13 to June 17.
- Bill & Liz Iverson – Serving in the Congo (Kinshasa) from May 26 to June 11.
- James Goddard – Serving in England with London City Mission from May 31 to August 1.
- Erin Kornu – Serving in Russia with East West Ministries June 18 to July 1.
- Kristen Nelson – Serving in Israel and Italy from June 11 to late summer.
- Anna Ware – Serving in several places throughout the summer including Switzerland, Australia, Philippines, and Japan from June 3 to September 24.
How encouraging it is to see the members of Cornerstone following the call of God to share the gospel with the nations. Please keep these dear saints in your prayers as they serve abroad. Pray for safety, stamina, and an abundant harvest in the gospel.